Reliable Group of Tow Companies
As of May 19, 2020, Reliable Towing will be slowly reintroducing our dispatch team back to the premises and moving forward as the Provincial Health Officer is reopening and broadening of Phase 2 across the Province introducing the reopening/continuing of businesses.
These procedures must be followed by all employees and visitors to all Reliable Group Towing locations. These will be monitored to the best of our ability by management and we invite our employees to input to help define and/or adding ideas for new procedures to further help protect all of us.
We hope that things soon get back to as close to normal as possible.
We will be monitoring the Provincial Health Officers recommendations as well as our procedures and tweak, remove or add as necessary to keep everyone at the minimal risk to catching Covid-19 Virus.
• Everyone must follow our Provincial Health Officer and the BC CDC without question. (please see the sheet added to your handout)
• Hand washing will be required for employees and or visitors (Reliable Operators or other Company Visitors) to commence immediately once they enter the building! And once, they leave the premises to go into the public areas. It is appreciated to wash your hands whenever you think about it!
• An adequate hand washing station will be located for Office Staff in the lobby washroom. (Maple Ridge Location)
• An adequate hand washing station will be located for Operator’s in Bay #1 at the back by the electrical room. (Maple Ridge Location)
• Employees must wash their hands after using the washroom
• When you sneeze please sneeze into your sleeve or the crook of you elbow and immediately wash your hands.
• Disposable gloves will be provided for the Operators/Dispatchers and should be used when handling cash. It is advisable to use a zip lock bag to house the cash until cash out.
• Hands must be washed/sanitized after every time cash is handled by an employee.
• Tow truck Operators should use caution and exercise the use of gloves when inside a customer’s vehicle and or sanitize the customers vehicle.
• All common area’s such as countertops, doorknobs, common surfaces, tv remotes, fridge handles should be wiped down/sanitized at the beginning of shifts and throughout the day depending upon traffic in the area and must be sanitized at the end of the shift.
• Coffee machine will be sanitized by the user after every use
• We advise that Dispatchers and Operators bring their own dishes and take them home to clean and/or use disposable utensils and dishes.
• Dispatchers are to wipe down their stations and equipment before and after their shift.
• Operators are encouraged to sanitize the customers keys before hanging them onto the keyboard.
• Customers are not allowed into the office and must stay in the lobby area.
• Occupancy for the lobby will be signed for the public to see and all others must wait outside and maintain physical distancing.
Maintaining Physical Distancing of 2 meters
Our goal is to maintain physical distancing in the tow yard/office and out in public while representing Maple Ridge Towing and the Reliable Group of Towing Companies.
• Stay at least 2 meters distance between customers and fellow employees.
• Employees who are off shift are not permitted to visit the tow yard/office unless it is to drop off paperwork and then they must leave the premises immediately.
• Towing friends and family must not attend the yard and if they do with the employee they must stay in their vehicle. Nonessential visits are currently banned.
• Dispatch office will be off limits to Operators and will be locked to further notice during the Covid-19 Crisis.
• Operators must enter the building through the gate and not the main customer entrance. Message dispatch to open the gate or simply knock on the door and they will open the gate.
• Office hours are currently Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:00 pm
• If you have any questions regarding the policy and procedures, please contact your supervisor.
Workers and Employers with questions or concerns about workplace exposure to the Covid-19 virus can call their immediate supervisor or WorksafeBC’s Prevention Information Line at 604-276-3100 in the lower mainland and (toll free 1-888-621-SAFRE) in the rest of the Province. You will be able to get answers to your questions and if required, a prevention officer will be assigned to assess the health and safety risk at your workplace.
Protocols from the Provincial Health Officer and the BC CDC
These protocols are set out from our Provincial Health Officer and the BC CDC and Must be Followed
• ANYONE WITH SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19 INCLUDING FEVER, CHILLS, COUGH, SHORTNESS OF BREATH, SORE THROAT AND PAINFUL SWALLOWING- MUST SELF ISOLATE AT HOME FOR A MINIMUM OF 10 DAYS
• ANYONE UNDER THE DIRECTION OF THE PROVINCIAL HEALTH OFFICER TO SELF ISOLATE – MUST FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS.
• ANYONE WHO HAS ARRIVED FROM OUTSIDE CANADA, OR WHO IS A CONTACT OF A CONFIRMED COVID-19 CASE, TO SELF ISOLATE FOR 14 DAYS AND MONITOR FOR SYMPTOMS
If the employee starts to feel ill while at work
• Inform the Manager on duty immediately – If the employee is sick, we will advise them to see their Doctor.